We are all back and looking forward to another year of sharing, collaborating, creating, engaging and participating in new technology learning opportunities. The library computer lab has been updated and we are excited about having the addition of another mobile lab available for classrooms.
On August 31st and September 1st teachers attended workshops by David Warlick titled Leading & Learning in the 21st Century and Cracking the Code. Some of the key points from David’s presentations included:
• Promoting life-long learning
• Preparing students for an unpredictable future
• Learning to live in a culture driven by hyper-connectedness
• Redefining and reinventing what it is to be an educator
• Teaching students ‘how to teach themselves’