Last week Craig Krieger, Crown Prosecutor for Technology & Internet Crimes from the Government of Alberta, was invited in as a special speaker for grades 5-6 and 7-9 classes. Craig’s presentation titled Cybercrime: When Computers Go Bad gave students and teachers valuable information on cyber crimes, Internet safety, digital footprint awareness and identity theft. Some of the main points from his presentation include:
• Computers are used as tools, but can also be used as targets
• Keep your antivirus software up-to-date
• Think before you type!
• Carefully decided what information you give away online
• Protect your email address
• What you type to someone online is not private
Many of the Internet safety websites Craig referenced in his presentation can be found on this blog in an earlier posting under the Internet Safety tag.
Project Ideas for Primary Students
17 hours ago